The City of Ballarat is working to improve parking facilities for the central Ballarat area. As a part of this process council is currently auditing space utilisation and seeking your input to have a better understanding of public use and need.
The aim of the process is to :
• Provide safe, accessible and affordable parking
· Improve security for staff and late night city patrons
· Improve traffic safety
· Improve resident amenity
· Provide better protection for trees and other assets and preserve the heritage amenity
· Facilitate better utilisation of car parks
· Position Ballarat for future growth of business/education/hospital facilities
· Implement Council policy and recommendations
City of Ballarat is also working with VicRoads on the Improving Sturt Street
and Mair Street Project.