The City of Ballarat Community Safety Awards are presented as part of ‘Community Safety Month’ and aim to publicly acknowledge the great work and initiatives of individuals, groups and organisations who have made a significant contribution to safety in the local community.
As part of the Community Safety Awards, the City of Ballarat Community Safety Advisory Committee will provide a $1000 prize to the individual, group or organisation judged to be most successful at improving community safety. The City of Ballarat Community Safety Prize is provided to assist with further implementation and development of the nominated project.
The award categories are:
· Improving Community Safety
· Urban Design for Safe & Healthy Environments
· Preventing Crime
Nominations will be considered that focus on:
The ‘Ballarat, a safe city’ Community Safety Advisory Committee will review nominations and select recipients. Each application will be assessed on four key areas:
1. Originality and appropriateness to the target audience
2. The project/individual has identified causes of, and found solutions for, a community safety issue.
3. The project or work of the individual has identifiable safety outcomes for the community; and
4. Use of a partnership approach by the individual/organisation to address safety issues