- Timeline and resources for community engagement
- Deadlines for engagement and completion of the Plans
- The lengths of the Plans (i.e. 1 year, 4 year or 10 year)
- Services, projects and actions we are legally required to provide
- Services, projects and actions that are already planned or for which funding has already been received
- The ability to influence the 2021/2022 Budget and the 2021-2025 Revenue and Rating Plan is limited due to legislated timelines but feedback can be incorporated in to future budgets and the long-term Financial Plan
- Compliance with legal requirements
Council's promise to you
Ballarat City Council makes the following commitment to you:
- We will work to ensure that as many people can take part in the engagement process as possible by using a variety of engagement methods and actively seeking input from a wide range of participants. We also invite you to engage on our behalf with your contacts, clubs, friends and family to ensure a broad representation of the community is heard.
- We will communicate clearly and avoid jargon and complicated language and ideas.
- We will respect community ideas and thoughts and ensure all contributions are recorded.
- We will ensure Council Officers and Councillors receive a detailed summary of community input and that this is considered in decision-making.
What can we influence?
Things that can be influenced:
Things that can't be influenced: