Ensuring Ballarat has a sufficient future supply of commercial and industrial land is crucial to helping our local economy grow and to provide employment opportunities within the city.
To help meet the future needs of the community, Council is undertaking a review of employment lands throughout the city to ensure that Ballarat will be able to support and grow local industry.
The Employment Lands Strategy will build on the relevant economic and employment actions from the Ballarat Strategy 2040, Prosperity Framework, Circular Ballarat Framework and other local strategic polices. It will be the basis of a planning framework that proactively guides future growth and supports the delivery of employment to Ballarat. The Strategy will provide a comprehensive pathway to attract and accommodate employment growth and the foundation for Council to exercise strong leadership in land use planning and facilitating future growth in employment lands in Ballarat.
Key features of the report include:
- Projections of supply and demand, quantum and profile of employment lands across the City of Ballarat
- A review of policy, social, economic and property market factors influencing employment land use and development in the City.
- Classifying land according to the role it performs and in relation to its strategic importance to the Ballarat economy.
- Recommendations for the ongoing growth and development of business and jobs in Ballarat on strategic employment land resources.
- Identification of land parcels that are not strategic in their current form and could be considered for alternative uses.
The draft Employment Lands Strategy is now available for public review and comment. A copy of the draft report can be found Here.
The timeframe to provide a submission on the report is now closed.
For any questions regarding the project please contact Strategic Planning at email@example.com or (03) 5320 5500.