The City of Ballarat needs your feedback on proposed upgrades to the Little Bridge bus stop.
The City of Ballarat is working on upgrading the Little Bridge bus stop as part of the Bakery Hill Urban Renewal Project. The project aims to increase the appeal and safety for public transport users by providing better infrastructure for those waiting for buses, strengthening pedestrian connections through the space and making Little Bridge Street a welcoming entrance to Ballarat.
There are two ways to have your say:
Register below to attend a drop in session
Fill in a survey to capture your feedback on the latest concepts
Some proposed features of the new design include:
- Relocation of existing raised pedestrian crossing to align with Time Lane
- Reduce Little Bridge Street to single lane to provide safe reversing space for parked cars
- A single lane dedicated to buses
- Modify parking to 60 degrees for safe entering and exiting of car parks
- Remove existing bus shelters and replace by larger single shelter at western end
- Upgrade CCTV, lighting and install bollards to address safety concerns from bus users and Victoria Police
- 2.5m shared (bikes and pedestrian) user path to rear of bus interchange which ties into wider bicycle network at Grenville Street to the west and Bakery Hill to the east
- Addition of outdoor dining at Wen and Ware
- New streetscape planting, tree planting and amenity upgrades
The proposed design was informed by discussions with businesses in the area, Department of Transport and Planning and Victoria Police. The proposed design is a more detailed version of the precinct concept adopted by Council in November 2021 as part of the Bridge Mall redevelopment works.
We would like you to provide your feedback on how you use the current space and what can be improved.
To have your say you can:
- Complete the survey below. The survey will be live until Thursday 8 February 2024.
- Share the survey or this page with your family and friends. The more voices we have, the better!
- Register below for any drop-in session and talk to someone about the latest concept plans.
- Wednesday, 20 December 2023, 12pm - 1pm - Safety focus - City of Ballarat shop, 16 Bridge Mall
- Tuesday, 9 January 2024, 10am - 11am - City of Ballarat shop, 16 Bridge Mall
- Thursday, 1 February 2024, 3:45pm - 4:30pm - Youth focus - City of Ballarat shop, 16 Bridge Mall